Handgrip Strength Test. The objective of this test is to assess the athlete’s grip strength.
- Handgrip dynamometer.
How to conduct the test
The test is conducted as follows:
- Reset the dynamometer to zero
- Adjust the handgrip dynamometer to fit the size of the athlete’s hand
- The athlete stands with the heels, buttocks and back resting against a wall
- The athlete grips the dynamometer vertically above the head
- When ready the athlete grips as hard as possible while moving through a 180 degree arc to the count of three. The arm remains locked and straight at the elbow throughout the grip manoeuvre
- Record the final resistance on the dynamometer
- Repeat with the other hand.
would be contra indicated.