Assessing The Development of The Athlete’s Acceleration and Pick Up to Full Flight With 60 Metre Speed Test
60 Metre Speed Test. The objective of this test is to monitor the development of the athlete’s acceleration and pick up to full flight.
- 400m – 60m marked section on the straight
- Stop watch
How to conduct the test
- The test comprises of 3 x 60m runs from a standing start and with a full recovery between each run.
- The athlete uses the first 30m to build up to maximum speed and then maintains the speed through to 60m.
- The coach should record the time for the athlete to complete 30m and 60m.
Analysis of the result is by comparing it with the results of previous tests. It is expected that, with appropriate training between each test, the analysis would indicate an improvement.
Predictions for 100 and 200 metres
The athlete’s 100m time can be predicted from their 60m time using the following algorithm:
- 7.3829894 + (“60m Time” x -0.431975) + (“60m Time” x “60 Time” x 0.1394189)
The athlete’s 200m time can be predicted from their 60m time using the following algorithm:
- 13.795573+ (“60m Time” x -0.720532) + ( “60m Time” x “60m Time” x 0.2806044)