Flexed Arm Hang Test To Monitor Elbow Flexors and Shoulder Extensors
Flexed Arm, Hang Test. The objective of this test is to monitor the muscular endurance of the athlete’s elbow flexors and shoulder extensors.
- Bar above head height
- Stop watch
How to conduct the test
- Athlete uses a flexed arm hang position using a supinated grip (palm facing the subject) grip. The chin is above the bar, hips and knees are extended
- Once the athlete is in position the assistant start the stopwatch
- The athlete attempts to maintain this position for as long as possible (maximum time is 30 seconds)
- The timing is stopped when the chin drops below the top of the bar or 30 seconds elapse
- The assistant records number of seconds that the flexed arm-hang position can be maintained (maximum of 30 seconds).
Analysis of the result is by comparing it with the results of previous tests. It is expected that, with appropriate training between each test, the analysis would indicate an improvement.