Shuttle Run Test. The objective of this test is to assess the athlete’s ability to accelerate between marked lines and to rapidly change direction.
- 2 marked parallel lines 9.14m (30ft) apart
- 2 wooden blocks 5cm x 5cm x 10cm
- Stop watch
How to conduct the test
- The athlete is required to sprint from the starting line to pick up a block and then place it on the ground behind the starting line. The athlete then sprints to pick up the second block and turns to sprint over the starting line
- The stopwatch is started on the command “Go” and stopped when the athlete’s chest crosses the line
- An attempt is not counted if the block is dropped rather than placed on the floor. Also the block must be placed behind and not on the line
- Repeat the test 3 times
- Record the best time.