Squats Test. The objective of this test is to monitor the development of the athlete’s leg strength.
- Chair that makes your knees bend at right angles when you are sitting
- Stand in front of a chair, facing away from it, with your feet shoulders width apart
- Squat down and lightly touch the chair with your backside before standing back up
- Keep doing this until you are fatigued
- Record the number of squats completed.
This test is suitable for active athletes but not for individuals where the test would be contraindicated.
Reliability would depend upon how strict the test is conducted and the individual’s level of motivation to perform the test.
There are no published tables to relate results to potential performance in competition.