Overhead Press Test Is Test to Monitor The Strength of The Athletes
- Universal overhead press station
- A supportive lumbar lifting belt.
The test is conducted as follows:
1. The athlete stands and leans into the apparatus with the back leg straight and the front foot leg bent at the knee at about 150 degrees.
2. The hand grips are adjacent to the front of the shoulder
3. The initial resistance should be about 33% of male body mass and 25% of female body mass
4. As the weight is lifted, the body should move slightly forward so that the extended arms and trunk and rear leg should form a straight line
5. If the athlete can successfully complete one repetition, repeat the procedure after one minute, adding an additional weight to the previous resistance
6. Continue with this procedure, allowing one minute recovery between attempts until the 1RM has been determined
7. A supportive lumbar lifting belt is recommended for this exercise during maximal lifts
8. Record the final resistance.