Rockport Fitness Walking Test
The Objective of this test is to monitor the development of the athlete’s VO2max.
- 400 metre track
- Stop watch
The Rockport fitness walking test is conducted as follows:
- Choose a windless day to conduct the test
- Record your weight
- Walk one mile (1609 metres) as fast as possible
- Record the time to complete the one mile walk
- Immediately on finishing the walk record your heart rate (beats per minute)
- Determine you VO2max.
- 132.853 – (0.0769 x Weight) – (0.3877 x Age) + (6.315 x Gender) -(3.2649 x Time) – (0.1565 x Heart rate).
- Weight is in pounds (lbs)
- Gender Male = 1 and Female = 0
- Time is expressed in minutes and 100ths of minutes
- Heart rate is in beats/minute
- Age is in years.
Mackenzie, Brian. 2005. 101 Perforamnce Evalution Test. Electric World Plc. London.