Speed Measurement With 40 Metre Sprint Test
40 Metre Sprint Test. The objective of this test is to monitor the development of the athlete’s acceleration and speed.
- 400m track
- Stop watch
- Mark with cones a 40m section on the track
- Athlete use a standing start with leading foot behind the starting line
- On the command “Go”, the athlete sprints as fast as possible through to the finish line
- Assistant records the time
- Athlete should have two attempts with approximately 2-5 minutes recovery period.
This test is suitable for active athletes but not for individuals where the test would be contraindicated.