40 Metre Sprint Test. The objective of this test is to monitor the development of the athlete’s acceleration and speed.
To undertake this test you will require:
- 400m track
- Stop watch
How to conduct the test
The test is conducted as follows:
- Mark with cones a 40m section on the track
- Athlete use a standing start with leading foot behind the starting line
- On the command “Go”, the athlete sprints as fast as possible through to the finish line
- Assistant records the time
- Athlete should have two attempts with approximately 2-5 minutes recovery period.
Analysis of the result is by comparing it with the results of previous tests. It is expected that, with appropriate training between each test, the analysis would indicate an improvement.
This test is suitable for active athletes but not for individuals where the test would be contraindicated.
Reliability would depend upon how strict the test is conducted and the individual’s level of motivation to perform the test.
No published tables to relate results to potential performance in competition.
Mackenzie, Brian. 2005. 101 Performance Evalution Test. Electric World Plc. London.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)