Tri-Level Anaerobic Test
To undertake this test you will require:
- Exertech EX-10 cycle ergometer with interfaced work monitor unit.
- Stop watch.
How to conduct The Tri Level Anaerobic Test?
The test is conducted as follows:
- Adjust cycle ergometer seat and ensure that equipment is operating satisfactorily
- Athlete to complete a 5 minute warm up on the bike at a steady pace
- Athlete to rest for 2 minutesAthlete to take up the starting position on the bike – standing stationary on the pedals, with the front pedal a little higher than the back pedal
- Assistant to reset the work monitor unit to zero and set the readings to the “high” range
- On the command “Go” the subject pedals with maximum effort 10 seconds, with the last 5 seconds being counted aloud
- At exactly 10 seconds, the hold switch is pressed and the kilojoules score together with the “frozen” watts reading on the circular scale meter are recorded. The “frozen” or stored watts represent the kinetic energy stored in the bicycle
- The athlete should cool down with 2 to 3 minutes easy pedalling.